Categories and Criteria
The Finance for the Future Awards recognise organisations that are embedding sustainability with support from their finance teams. Entrants must be able to demonstrate how innovative management of their impacts and dependencies has helped to make their organisation more resilient and financially sustainable. These impacts can be of an economic, environmental or social dimension and by their very nature are interlinked.
Click on a category to read the applicable criteria. If your organisation qualifies for more than one category please apply for the one you consider is the most appropriate. All organisations are eligible to apply for the Innovative New Idea category in addition to another application. If the assessment team believe it is more appropriate to include your application in a different category, they will contact you to discuss whether you wish your application to be judged in that other category.
- Large Business For businesses with a turnover of more than £100m or more than 1,000 employees
- Medium-sized Business For businesses with a turnover of more than £25m, but less than £100m or more than 250 employees, but less than 1,000
- Small Business For businesses with a turnover of less than £25m or less than 250 employees
- Social Enterprise or Charity For organisations created for a wider purpose beyond making a profit such as social enterprises, charities and not-for-profits
- Public Sector For government departments, local authorities or organisations primarily funded or controlled by a government department or local authority
- Innovative New Idea For a project, initiative or concept in the early stages of development