The Finance for the Future Social Enterprise Award will be awarded to the organisation that can demonstrate a sustainable and innovative way of operating that has had a positive long-term financial, environmental, social and economic impact, and which has been achieved through an active contribution from the finance team. The innovative way of operating might, for example, be an innovative business model or of allocating capital.
Entrants for the awards will be able to show how leadership or support from the finance team has had a measurable impact on the organisation’s decision-making and/or how they have allocated financial capital effectively to minimise risk, identify or generate opportunities and create positive long-term financial, environmental, social and economic impacts.
The entry should outline the benefits the initiative has delivered, how the approach has influenced strategy and decision-making, and what corporate behaviours are driving the new way of doing business.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate:
- That the organisation is operating in the UK, with the UK operations leading or actively engaged with the innovation or change that is the subject of the awards entry.
- That the organisation has been created for a wider purpose beyond making a profit.
- The organisation has developed a sustainable and innovative way of operating that delivers positive long-term financial, environmental, social and economic impacts.
- The innovation or change has been led or actively supported by the finance team within the organisation.
- Evidence of the way in which capital/financing has been managed and utilised to create the positive financial, environmental, social and economic impacts.
- Originality of thought.
- Evidence of effective engagement and communication with staff and external stakeholders around the initiative.