The Finance for the Future Awards 2013 will recognise the vital role that financial leaders play in creating long term value and sustainable businesses. They will reward those organisations that have changed their corporate behaviour to embed business sustainability at the heart of their organisations.
The awards programme is open to all organisations operating in the UK, with six categories ranging from major corporates to start-ups, not-for-profit and public sector organisations. Following a rigorous assessment and judging process, finalists and winners will be recognised for their financial leadership, innovation in the development of their business model and/or the financing of the organisation, which have helped to drive change and create sustainable value (including financial, social and environmental value) in their organisations.
We will use the case studies and best practice generated from the awards to share expertise and help others to embed business sustainability in their organisations.
- 2012 Winner Case Studies These case studies on the 2012 winners offer lessons in driving business sustainability through good practice.
- Just Good Business ICAEW's initiative seeks to provide inspiration to create a lasting business.
- Networking Reception - Useful websites A list of websites which provide more information about the various organisations and exhibits featured at the 2012 Finance for the Future Awards networking reception.
- The Economics of Ecosystems and Biodiversity The real cost of business to the planet.
- The Role of the Accountant in sustainability Sustainability needs to be measured, reported and assured. These areas of expertise fall naturally under an accountant’s remit.
- The Importance of Sustainable Business What is sustainable business and why is it important?
- Financial Innovation The Finance Innovation Lab is a group of like-minded people brought together by WWF-UK and ICAEW to explore, innovate and evolve the financial system.
- Accounting for Sustainability Community The community website libraries offer resources on how to embed sustainability into organisations’ 'DNA'.
- Decision Making Tool How to take sustainability issues into account in day-to-day decision-making processes.
- 10 Main Elements to Embed Sustainability Accounting for Sustainability have identified the 10 main elements required to embed sustainability successfully in an organisation.
- Accounting for Sustainability: Practical Insights book How do you embed sustainability into the "DNA" of an organisation?
- Connected Reporting A 'how to' guide that takes a simple approach to making the connection between strategic direction, financial performance and environmental and social considerations.
- The Growing Business Guide to Managing Carbon Managing carbon is a business imperative, which is why ICAEW worked with the Carbon Trust to produce ‘The growing business guide to managing carbon’.