This award is for organisations that are demonstrating clearly, through communicating to their providers of financial capital, how sustainability, in its broadest sense, is embedded into their overall strategy and decision-making process and how this ‘integrated thinking’ is contributing to a sustainable business model which delivers long-term value.
This award is open to all organisations. Please note that this award is broader in scope than an annual report award as it assesses how the organisation is communicating its integrated thinking across their various communications.
The entrant must demonstrate that:
- How they have communicated to their providers of financial capital that wider factors, such as environmental and social issues, are embedded into their strategy, risk process, management information, operations and executive remuneration, and how they are critical to the long-term sustainability of the business.
- How this has been done across a range of communications.
- The communication truly reflects the way their organisation is managed and the integrated thinking within it.
- What role the finance function played in the process of embedding and communicating integrated thinking.
- Why they believe that communicating integrated thinking is beneficial to their organisation.
- Entrants will need to submit at least one specific example of communication (and maximum of 5) to support their entry. Entrants will be expected to demonstrate how they are reflecting integrated thinking across communications to investors or providers of financial capital.
- The communication might include an organisation’s annual report, strategic report, an investor presentation, a listing document for debt or equity, an Integrated Report, elements of the website or other investor communication. This list is not exhaustive.
- Entrants are required to highlight the relevant sections of the supporting materials within the entry. Documents over 20 pages in length must have specific page numbers referenced in order to be considered by the assessors and judges.
- Entrants will be assessed using only the documents submitted, which can be provided in pdf or word formats.
Please ensure you have reviewed and understood the Conditions of Entry before submitting your entry.
If you have any queries about the categories or awards process, please contact Aude Bezler, Awards & Events Marketing Manager.
Deadline for entry is midnight (UK time) on Wednesday 31 May 2017.
- 2016 winner's interview and case study
Watch Russ Houlden, United Utilities CFO, talking about how the company puts integrated thinking into action across the way it runs its water and wastewater network.
Read the full case study of their application.
- 2016 highly commended case study
Read about Novo Nordisk's project to behave in a financially, environmentally and socially responsible way and use integrated report to communicate their integrated thinking.